Home > Readers Guide
Library Card Guideline
Chinese citizens and foreigners can apply for Fujian Provincial Library reader cards using their valid ID documents such as 2nd-generation ID card, social security card, household register, and passport. The first-time application is free of charge.
1. Readers apply for reader cards in the application office on the first floor of the library using their valid ID documents and filling out an application form.
2. Readers can apply for reader cards at Urban Neighborhood 24hr Self-Service Library with 2nd-generation ID card.
1. Readers may select at their own discretion any one of the six deposit amounts: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 1,000 RMB.
2. Chinese Books: borrowing equivalent to deposit amount.
Chinese periodicals: five at a time for every card.
Collections in foreign languages: deposit amount ≥ 300 RMB
Audio-visual materials: deposit amount ≥ 200 RMB.
1. Borrow books, periodicals, audio-visual materials in Chinese and foreign languages.
2. Free-interlibrary-loan: The card holder may borrow and return Chinese books in any member library of Fujian Provincial Library.
1. The initial password consists of the last six digits of an applicant’s birthday, e.g., “660606” for June 6, 1966.
2. To reset a password, proceed to the application office of the library with your valid ID document or log on the library’s website.
◇ Enter Fujian Provincial Library’s website at http://www.fjlib.net, and click “My Library”.
Reader card application office
First floor of Fujian Provincial Library (Tel: 87507548-2116), or, self service directly at the Urban Neighborhood 24hr Self-Service Library with 2nd-generation ID card.
Application hours: (Closed every Thursday afternoon.)
Application office Winter: 8:00-11:45 14:00-16:30
Summer: 8:00-11:45 14:30-17:00
Reader card loss report, replacement, and cancelation
1. Loss report: Take good care of reader cards. In the event of loss, the card holder should immediately report to the application office of the library with a valid ID document, or, log on the library’s website or call at 0591-87508732, 87508667. The reader bears all responsibilities for any and all consequences resulting from the loss prior to loss report.
2. Replacement: Proceed to the application office on the first floor of the library with the valid ID document used for card application and pay a cost of 5 RMB.
3. Change deposit amount: Proceed to the application office on the first floor of the library with the valid ID document used for card application.
4. Cancelation: Proceed to the application office on the first floor of the library with the valid ID document used for card application and its photocopy. After all the books on the card are returned with no accounts payable, the library withdraws the card and refunds the deposit and any remaining advance payment.
Reminder: the second-time application for a card is charged with a cost of 5 RMB.
Manual handling steps
Fill out an application form → submit the completed form and valid ID documents to the application office → Librarian check and input the reader’s information → pay deposit and collect the library card → completed.